Monday, February 14, 2011

Goodbye 130s! I hope We Never Meet Again!

The moment of truth...week 1:

Monday, February 14th: 129.8 lbs.
Total Weight Loss: 3.8 lbs.

Now, before you all congratulate me, let me preface this by saying, "This is not scientifically possible." One pound lost is the equivalent to a 3500 calorie deficit, or 500 CD per day. This was NOT the case! I ate over 1000 calories per day, and most definitely did not burn 3000 per day. I usually only burn between 1700-2000 per day, even with the amount of cardio I do. I teach 1 cardio class a day and sometimes participate in another one, but my body has been doing it for so many years that it goes on "auto pilot" and I don't burn very many calories. I was shooting for 1 pound lost per week. So, one of two things has happened here...

Option #1: When I weighed in last week I had previously eaten salty food that was still in my system, causing me to retain water and making my starting weight appear greater than it was.

Option #2: I have not taken in enough water over the past 7 days of dieting, and have unintentionally dehydrated myself.

So, I will make sure to take in plenty of fluids this week and HOPE that it was option #1 and that this really is my new weight! Because it was VERY fun to see the 120s instead of the 130s! Time will tell...

3 comments:

grandmabuffalo said...

Way to GO, Kelli! Maybe I can loose 2 pounds at YOUR house... even exercising 5 times a week, DI'm not having much success. I do very much appreciate your thoughts and comments on section 89, though!
dMom

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Yeah! Way to go! Good work.

Jenn said...

what's so funny about the science of kcals is that it's never been what it "should" be. The math never works out. That is where the magic of genetics and who knows what else come into play. That's why I always laugh---inside-- when a patient tells me about the math and when they'll meet their goal. Doesn't usually work that way. The individual metabolism is key.