I took lots of videos, but just wanted to post a couple of the funnier ones. Above is a match where Vance got in trouble for "showboating." I didn't get the whole thing on tape though I did get some. After he pinned his kid, he got really fired up. The ref slapped the mat, then Vance climbed off the kid and slapped the mat himself (that is where the tape ends)! Then he sort puffed out his chest, saying, "Yeah! or Ugh!" I couldn't really make out what he said, but the ref told him to keep it under control, as did his coaches and his mother (after quietly laughing).
Finally after 10 straight wins, they moved him up to the 7-8 year old division. Above are the results. He finished the duels 12 and 0 with 10 pins, 1 tech fall, and 1 win by points (13-5). We then went to a hotel for the night to await the big tournament the next day...
Eating pizza in the hotel, trying to get some rest before the big day!
BIG HORN NATIONALS!!!
BHN was in a large hockey arena in Loveland, CO so I was unable to get any video, we were just too far away, sorry. So here are some pics from the tournament.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness that kids is funny! He is a great little wrestler. The showboating is funny to us aunts and uncles, not as much to the coaches and refs. Just teach him to do it after the matches.
WOW! What a little champ--LONG on talent--short on humility! You will have to build him a trophy ROOM--not just a shelf!
Was Will happy for him, or jealous?
Drake, of course, looks extra cute peering through the bars! I was in Carters today and couldn't resist getting him a little green striped velour jumper to match his eyes. dI hope he gets to know and like me over Thanksgiving...Nanny-o
Wow! Great job, Vance! And great footage with the videos and photos!
Post a Comment